tirsdag 17. mai 2016

Why use food as a metaphor?

NORSK
With three reflections about the "Prophetic Sandwich" over the past three days, the question is valid, but the answer comes easy:

Simply because 

it is one of the most important metaphors in the Bible!

Several of the prophets 'ate' the word. John proclaimed that the Word became flesh and Jesus introduced himself as the bread from heaven – the bread of life. It caused a lot of misunderstanding and many left him in disgust. They could not grasp the spiritual meaning when he taught:

For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
John 6:55
The meaning is simply that what I eat becomes part of my body, it becomes me!

Migration, social media and the focus on the individual we have inherited from the postmodern era, are factors that have left us all with a quest for identity. 


This challenge also faces me, and whatever role I hold in our movement at any time. At present, I am part of the leadership in Eastern Europe Territory. More than any time in our history I need to “eat” the Word, the Bread of heaven, so that Christ becomes part of me and I become part of him. With the identity in Christ, and the certainty that He is in me, I can walk in the world as he would have done – and that is the core, the identity and the DNA of our mission. 

That is also what I see in the prophetic sandwich, and I eat it so that it becomes part of me, and not only a part, I pray that it becomes me.


Let us eat the way, the truth and the life, so that we walk the way like true believers and are identified by the smell of eternal life.
 

'Manna' for today:
Bon appetit! 
---------------------------------
This reflection on prophesy is linked to:
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.

Acts 2:17-18

Ingen kommentarer: