tirsdag 23. august 2016

It is about resting

NORSK 
When I arrived at the hotel around 5 pm last Sunday after 23 hours travel from Chisinau to Singapore, I was ready for a small rest. The reason was that I had to stay awake for another 4 hours to come into the rhythm of the time zone. Therefore I decided to listen to the Norwegian state radio channel on the internet. The internet-connection is very limited - it only gave me app 1 minute of listening before the signal dropped out. 

One minute was all I needed. I did not think about the time difference, but received one minute of what I presume was the broadcasting of a Sunday morning service. A familiar prayer-chorus reached me: 
“Be at rest and know that I am the Lord!”
It was a good and timely greeting from the Lord, and it is a good greeting when I drink from the well of holiness. For some Christians, even to think about holiness creates a feeling of stress. It is very easy to see my own shortcomings in relation to the holiness-standard. But - because Jesus is my Lord and Saviour, I know that he has made up for my shortcomings and invites me to relax in him.

The status of the new creation in Christ is holy. That is a fact beyond questioning. Christ’s status will forever be holy, and no new being in him will, even if he tried, make him unholy.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
2 Cor 5:17
The fact that the new is already here makes it possible for me to rest. This is one of the attributes of holiness: A constant freshness of new life.

…and last Sunday I woke up after 30 minutes – refreshed!

‘Manna’ for today:

Holiness is about resting in the new status of holiness
If you believe that, you can say:
Return to your rest, my soul,
for the Lord has been good to you
.
Psalm 116:7
---------------------------------------

Ingen kommentarer: