søndag 21. august 2016

It is about drinking...

NORSK
"I have built myself a well down through the years. A well of biblical truths which I draw from now and then, for myself or to share with others" (1)

I read this yesterday. It is from a Norwegian book I received for my birthday some weeks back. Likewise, I have also built such a well, and 'holiness' is something I will never stop to draw from. Holiness alone will indeed make up a complete well on its own, and its from this well I will drink today and for the time ahead. 

I am completely aware of the fact that it is not more than one years since I last drank from this well and shared it on the blog, but the source never dries out.

In his conversation with the Samaritan woman, Jesus said:

"whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
John 4:14
There is no doubt that Jesus speaks about the Holy Spirit (2). Holiness is a work of the Holy Spirit in me. 'Holiness' without the Holy Spirit is in the best variant solely pious acts of religion, but what the Holy Spirit does in and through us, brings life here in the world and leads to eternity.

'Manna' for today:
Holiness is about drinking
-------------------------------
(1) Tonje Haugeto Stang: "Sett" p 12 (my translation)
(2) Joh 7:37-39

Ingen kommentarer: