torsdag 18. august 2016

Spiritual authority is about being an example

NORSK
To get the crew and the passengers to eat to get strength to meet the challenges ahead of them, Paul took a tactical step: He led by example!
After he said this, Paul took bread and gave thanks to God in front of them all, broke it, and began to eat.
Acts 27:35
For a group of terrified people, it must have been quite a sight to see this man take a “timeout” and eat in the middle of the storm. Spiritual authority is all about leading by example. Paul’s example  gave them courage. I imagine that they thought: "If he can do it, I can!" - And they took the food and ate it. 

As a leader I cannot choose – I am an example. The example may be good or bad, and what a leader does or fails to do may be of great importance for the kingdom of God. Paul was aware of this:

I don’t know about you, but I’m running hard for the finish line. I’m giving it everything I’ve got. No sloppy living for me! I’m staying alert and in top condition. I’m not going to get caught napping, telling everyone else all about it and then missing out myself.
1 Cor. 9:26-27 (The Message)
 'Manna' for today:
The power in the example...

Ingen kommentarer: