torsdag 29. september 2016

It is about confirmation of the blood

NORSK
As a young Bible-reader it was refreshing reading the Scriptures from page 1, but I must admit that it was a struggle when I had a go at the third book for the first time. Leviticus is full of regulation and procedures to be used under different circumstances, but the book gives quite a few interesting pieces of information that can throw some light on spiritual principles.

Yesterday I wrote that I would give some more information about the function of the anointing in connection with healing. The story of the blood-sacrifice and the oil in connection with the cleansing of a leper, gives interesting food for the thought. It is found in

See: Lev 14:12-18
The regulation is that the priest shall touch the clean leper first with the blood, and then with the oil, in a sequence: the right ear-lobe, thumb and the big toe - the choice of these three parts of the body, may have a deeper meaning, but I will leave that for later. 

Today it is about the blood and the oil. The blood is associated with Jesus and his ultimate sacrifice. The oil is associated with the Spirit. The Holy Spirit will always confirm Jesus, the cross and the
resurrection. Jesus and the Spirit are mutual in their confirmation of one another:

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
John 14:26
This is also a key in holiness. There will be no holiness without the sacrifice of Christ and the confirmation by the Holy Spirit 

It is the same with healing. If I believe that I am healed "by his wounds" (1), the Holy Spirit will confirm that. Not necessarily with an instant healing, but with an assurance that my prayers have been heard and I feel that I can rest in the fact that it will happen in His time. I have experienced both the instant healing, and the rest in the assurance that in him, I am healed even though no physical change has yet taken place.

'Manna' for today:
In in His time!
---------------------------

(1) Isa 53:5

Ingen kommentarer: