onsdag 7. september 2016

It is about 'my' image

NORSK
I have a “Holistic” view on man. In short, this means that I believe God is interested in all of me. He is not only concerned about the soul, but about our whole being – body, soul and spirit.
It is important to state this when I now go to the individual level, and I start with a simple question: “What is ‘my image’?”

For me, the belief in the fact that man is created in the image of God is extremely important when I want to get deeper into the mystery of holiness. God is holy, and a logic consequence of being made in his image is that I am meant to be holy. God himself confirms this:

The LORD said to Moses, “Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them: 'Be holy because I, the LORD your God, am holy.’”
Lev 19:1-2 & 1 Pet 1:16
The “Fall” did something to the divine image in man. We read that Adam 
“…had a son in his own likeness, in his own image” 
Gen 5:3
The descendants of Adam are born in the image of the fallen man. Paul addresses this issue with the relationship between Adam and Christ (the second Adam), and concludes:
Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men. For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.
Rom 5:18-19
What I was originally made to be, is restored in Jesus Christ. There is no other way of holiness – because it is ‘THE’ way of holiness. ‘Manna’ for today:
In Christ man is restored in God’s image
---------------------------------

Ingen kommentarer: