lørdag 10. september 2016

It is about a tent

NORSK
Often I find that the search for my daily, ‘manna’ is confirmed by things happening around me. This week we are in Athens on a conference together with the leaders of all the territories in Europe. We run through a number of matters which are important focus areas for the Salvation Army, and every day starts with a Bible-study led by Commissioner Sylvia Cox. She leads us through the exiting story of the Tabernacle – a sacred tent and dwelling constructed in accordance with the instructions and measurements given to Moses by God. The Tabernacle was later to be substituted by the Temple, but I love the thought of the moveable tent. Like the Temple, the Tabernacle existed of three parts.

Paul wrote:

Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
1 Cor 3:16 NKJV
This is probably one of the best illustration of “my image” as a follower of Jesus in the world – and I will use the temple/tabernacle in my reflections over several days, but today I want to focus on the movability:
“The cloud covered the tent of meeting, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle. Moses could not enter the tent of meeting because the cloud had settled on it, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle. In all the travels of the Israelites, whenever the cloud lifted from above the tabernacle, they would set out.”
Exodus 40:34-36
The cloud represents the Holy Spirit, who lives in my spirit. I just love the thought of being a tabernacle for him – a tabernacle that moves when he moves.

‘Manna’ for today:

Holiness is the readiness to move with the Spirit
---------------------------------------

Ingen kommentarer: