fredag 28. oktober 2016

It is about abundance

NORSK
A couple of days back, I quoted Isaiah’s vision of the result of the outpouring of the Spirit upon us:
And the wilderness becomes a fruitful field, And the fruitful field is counted as a forest.
Isa 32:15b
This is a wonderful picture of the abundance of fruit. I also believe that there will be a great variation of fruit, but it is very interesting, and I often make a point of the fact the most quoted verses with reference to the fruit of the Spirit, use “fruit” in singular. Then follows a list of expressions of the same fruit:
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Gal 5:22-23a
To me this confirms the concept of abundance. Abundance is one of the attributes of God, so where his Spirit is, there will be abundance of fruit, both in quantity and in variation of expression. At the same time the use of singular also confirms to me that one expression also include the others. That means that I cannot chose to have only ‘joy’ in my spiritual fruit field since humanly speaking I am very poor on ‘self-control’. If I allow the Spirit to work on my “wilderness”, I trust that he is able to turn it into a fruitful field and even take it a step further by transforming into a forest of fruit-trees.

When I now start to look at Paul’s “fruit-catalogue”, it is important bear in mind the concept of a “singular abundance”.
 

‘Manna’ for today:
Holiness is about abundance of fruit
-------------------------------------

Ingen kommentarer: