lørdag 15. oktober 2016

It is about Christmas the whole year

NORSK
When I drove to the airport a couple of nights back, I discovered that the Christmas-lights are already up on the main road here in Chisinau. It is likely that they came up so early due to yesterday’s annual celebration of the city, but it is good to see light in the dark autumn nights.

In a spiritual sense, I want to celebrate Christmas every day of the year.

Yesterday I made the statement that “Holiness is communion”. Communion is ‘the sharing or exchanging of intimate thoughts and feelings, especially when the exchange is on a mental or spiritual level’


If holiness is to be part of this world, it presupposes that I am in communion with Christ in the world. This again presupposes incarnation, which means that Jesus comes to the world through me, and every individual believer.

When this happens, the whole world becomes a “Bethlehem” = a “bread-house”.
Jesus referred to himself as the bread of life (1). When I share my life in communion with this world, through ‘the exchange of intimate thoughts and feelings’, it is the bread of life I am sharing. 


It happened in a restaurant in Sofia last Tuesday together with two new friends from Norway. It will happen as I live my life here in “Bethlehem” today, because “Bethlehem” is where Jesus comes to the world. It is the miracle and the mystery of the ongoing incarnation, and it is the very core of what holiness is all about.

‘Manna’ for today:

Holiness is about allowing the Bethlehem mystery to come true every day
-------------------------------------------------
(1) Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty”
John 6:35

Ingen kommentarer: