fredag 14. oktober 2016

It is about communion

NORSK
As mentioned earlier, it is likely that I could have gone on for many weeks by picking pearls from the huge treasure of holiness-songs we have in our movement, but before I take a pause from this exercise, it seems right to quote another of Albert Orsborn’s songs. 

It is linked to yesterday’s focus on being Jesus in the world, and it embraces our understanding of the real content of Holy Communion. All is about the daily incarnation of becoming Jesus in the world:
My life must be Christ's broken bread,
My love his outpoured wine,
A cup o'erfilled, a table spread
Beneath his name and sign.
That other souls, refreshed and fed,
May share his life through mine.

My all is in the Master's hands
For him to bless and break;
Beyond the brook his winepress stands
And thence my way I take,
Resolved the whole of love's demands
To give, for his dear sake.

Lord, let me share that grace of thine
Wherewith thou didst sustain
The burden of the fruitful vine,
The gift of buried grain.
Who dies with thee, O Word divine,
Shall rise and live again.
(1)
As Wesley said: “No Holiness, but social Holiness”, I would like to suggest “No Communion, but social Communion”. Because everything that has to do with living the life of Christ, is about community. Communion with him in the world community. More tomorrow.

‘Manna’ for today:

Holiness is about communion
----------------------------------
(1) Song # 610 in SA’s songbook 2015

Ingen kommentarer: