mandag 31. oktober 2016

It is about fruit that gives inner tranquility

NORSK
Yesterday our corps officer, Captain Alexander Yacubovski, preached about the vine and the fruit of joy. He has more knowledge about the vine than I have, and that gave me new insight. He told that the vine has hormones that influence the growth, and some species depend upon the plant’s hormones being ‘stressed’ so that the fruit will get the right quality.

It is very interesting to keep this in mind when I now look at “peace”, which is the third quality of the fruit of the Spirit. Peace is often regarded as antidote to stress, but I was quite young when I discovered that the divine peace is different. Because when I was 16, I memorized this verse:

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27
Still, I managed sometimes to give the wrong answer when people asked me how they could know what was the will of God: “Do what you have peace to do!”. It is more correct to say “Do that which make you uneasy!”. The uneasiness can be God’s way of stressing the branches of the vine so that the fruit of peace can grow when the disciple is doing his Master’s will.

Even in the stress of this world’s chaos, there can be a fruit of peace, like Magna and I experienced in the terrorist attack in Istanbul and made the journalist chose this heading on the article in the War Cry: “Peace in the midst of terror”.

God's children are called to bear the fruit of peace:

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.

Matt 5:9
And the link between peace and holiness is very clear in the Bible:
Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.
Hebr 12:14
 ‘Manna’ for today:
Holiness is about a peace that gives inner tranquility
------------------
(1) The fruit of the Spirit is ….peace – Gal 5:22

Ingen kommentarer: