torsdag 20. oktober 2016

It is about harvest

NORSK
There is no doubt: The autumn has come to Eastern Europe. The temperature is falling and it is visible on Magna’s recent picture from the market. Autumn is the time for harvest. We celebrate harvest in the Salvation Army too – often in combination with the “harvesting of the self-denial-appeal”. Our halls are decorated with fruit and vegetables that will be shared with those who need it. Harvest is a blessing!

The precondition for harvesting is that I have sown. In a spiritual perspective it is made clear that I cannot avoid sowing. Even if I consciously refrain from it, it will happen. Because I will also reap the fruit of neglect. Paul describes this in the following way:

A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Gal 6:7b-9
This is the 61st reflection that I pour from the "Well of holiness", and if the aim is to reap holiness, it depends on how I sow. Paul’s advice is to sow to please the Spirit. It clearly shows that holiness is not something I can handle on my own. I need the Spirit’s help, and it pleases the Spirit to help me.

When John the Baptist preached his message, he urged the listeners to:

Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.
Matt 3:8
A few verses later John points to him who will come after him, for "He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire". This shows that John realized that the Holy Spirit is essential if I want to reap the fruit of repentance.

‘Manna’ for today:

Holiness is about harvesting
More harvest-reflections will follow in the days to come.
---------------------------

Ingen kommentarer: