torsdag 6. oktober 2016

It is about 'intravenous' love

NORSK
A new command I give you:
...As I have loved you,
so you must love one another.
John 13:34
The 'new' is not that we shall love one another, but that we shall love with the love of Jesus. 

To do so takes a divine intervention. I need a shot of love that makes it flow through my whole body and becomes part of me - and it is possible!

Here is the testimony of Samuel Logan Brengle:

He gave me such a blessing as I never dreamed a man could have this side of Heaven. It was a Heaven of love that came to my heart. I walked out over Boston Common before breakfast, weeping for joy and praising God. Oh, how I loved! In that hour I knew Jesus, and I loved Him till it seemed my heart would break with love. I loved the sparrows, I loved the dogs, I loved the horses, I loved the little urchins in the streets, I loved the strangers who hurried past me, I loved the heathen—I loved the whole world.


Do you know what holiness is? It is pure love. Do you want to know what the baptism of the Holy Ghost is? It is not a mere sentiment. . . It is a baptism of love that brings every thought into captivity to the Lord Jesus; that casts out all fear; that burns up all doubt and unbelief. . . that brings one into perfect and unbroken sympathy with the Lord Jesus Christ in His toil and travail to bring a lost and rebel world back to God. God did that for me, bless His holy name!
(1)

 
'Manna' for today:

Holiness is to love as Jesus loved
------------------------------------
(1) Samuel Logan Brengle's testimony as quoted in R. David Rightmire: ”Sanctified Sanity” Crest Books 2003 p 87
Here is a recording containing Brengle's testimony

Ingen kommentarer: