mandag 14. november 2016

It is about the first fruit

NORSK
It may seem a little strange to focus on the first fruit after having reflected on the fruit of the Spirit for nearly four weeks. 

When I ask the question: “What is the first fruit?” I only rarely get the ‘correct’ answer. It is a surprise, because the first fruit is the foundation of all fruit bearing, and therefore I can learn something very important by just knowing what it is:
And it’s not only the creation. We ourselves who have the Spirit as the first fruit of the harvest also groan inside as we wait to be adopted and for our bodies to be set free.
Rom 8:23
The fine thing with this “first fruit” is that it is impossible to produce the Holy Spirit. By accepting that as a truth, the standard is set with regard to all the other qualities of the fruit of the Spirit. When it is impossible to produce the source, how can I even think that it is possible for me to produce the product of the source? Such product will only be fake.

That the third person in the Godhead, the Holy Spirit himself, is the first fruit, tells me what is needed to bear fruit. It is the Holy Spirit in me, and I in him that is the only possibility, but that is a great possibility!!!

‘Manna’ for today:
The first fruit sets the standard for growth of fruit
----------------------------------

Ingen kommentarer: