fredag 11. november 2016

It is about fruit in the right time

NORSK
In a spiritual perspective, it is expected that the fruit-bearing is constant, which means that it should always be possible to find fruit on the ‘tree of life’. It is therefore interesting to read about those who find joy in reading the word of God and ponder upon it day and night, because
They are like a tree replanted by streams of water,
which bears fruit at just the right time
and whose leaves don’t fad
e.
Psalm 1:3a CEB
I do not think that there is a contradiction between ‘constantly bearing fruit’ and to bear fruit in ‘the right time’. I believe ‘right time’ is about a situation occurring, which will need a ripe fruit with a specific quality.

I have been in many situations where I have asked myself:
“Will I be able to show love?” – “Will I handle this great challenge?”
The answer is simply: “No!”

However, very often the experience has been that the Holy Spirit has given me exactly the fruit I need just at the right time. The fruit has been ripe in the very moment I needed it.

Paul quoted Isaiah in several of his letters, and to the Corinthians he wrote: “I listened to you at the right time, and I helped you on the day of salvation” (1). But Paul did not stop with this, he continued:

Look, now is the right time! Look, now is the day of salvation!
2 Cor 6:2
This tells me that there will always be a time that is right for one or the other of the qualities of the Spirit’s fruit. And if I am to bear that fruit, the precondition is that I am ‘like a tree planted by streams of water’.

‘Manna’ for today:

Every day is just the right time to bear the fruit of the Spirit
NB In John 7:6 Jesus said: '...any time is right for you.' (2)
---------------------------------
(1) Isa 49:8
(2) See reflection on this verse (NB in Norwegian only)

Ingen kommentarer: