fredag 4. november 2016

It is about following in double meaning

NORSK
David finished his most famous psalm in this way:
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.

Psalm 23:6
Jesus addressed the rich young ruler in this way:
“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.”
Mark 10:18
When these two verses are put together, it is clear that David refers to that God and that it is God’s goodness that follows him. The Hebrew indicates that he is “pursued” by goodness.
Goodness (1)
is also the sixth feature of the fruit. If I continue along the same lines, it means that as God pours his kindness upon me, I should pour goodness on others.

Not so long ago, we had a debate in Norway with focus on the‘tyranny of goodness’. Maybe it had been a more healthy debate if we had been able to admit that not everything we do with the intention of doing good, necessarily leads to good. When the foundation is goodness, it is important that we build as "wise" builders so that we ‘do the most good’.

'Manna' for today:
Holiness is about letting the good follow me - in a double meaning.
------------------------
(1) The fruit of the Spirit is … goodness - Gal 5:22

Ingen kommentarer: