fredag 30. desember 2016

Where do you belong? - 4

NORSK
Today I will take a trip to the “hobbling country" (1). To hobble has synonyms like to limp, shuffle, falter or even to proceed irregularly.

In a spiritual perspective, I know many who live in the land of hobbling people, and they even acknowledge that they live there. I think that they choose to confess their hobbling in fear of being labelled as believers. In my eyes many of them are true believers who have postponed their confession.

For me, faith is primarily a matter of choice. I choose to believe, and to act on what I believe with a presumption that it is actually true. This is also how I experience that my faith is confirmed.

Of course I feel that I lose my footing when I act this way. The reason is that I step on only one foot, on God’s. It is God who has the control and not me. Again I quote Søren Kierkegaard's statement: 

“To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself.”
Elijah challenged the people in this way:
“How long will you hobble back and forth between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow God. If Baal is God, follow Baal.” The people gave no answer.
1 Kings 18:21
Faith is about choosing which foot I will stand on.

'Manna' for today:

The Christmas mystery is that God became man to give us his foot to stand on.
------------------------------------------------
(1) The most important Christmas song

Ingen kommentarer: