lørdag 31. desember 2016

Where do you belong? – 5

The last country I will visit this year is the “pointers’ land” (1). It was part of my upbringing to hear the warning: “It is rude to point. And I admit that it can be an uncomfortable experience to be singled out when someone is pointing at me. However, it can also be a great help and a blessing. 

I believe the apostles felt good when Jesus singled out the twelve (2). The mission they received was to preach. 

It is easy to see the similarities between preaching, pointing and appointing. John the Baptist’s mission was to “point”. Through his ministry it was his aim to prepare the way for and point to Jesus:
“Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world … he is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit. I have seen and I testify that this is God’s Chosen One.”
John 1:29-34
It is good to end a year with the reminder that I am appointed to point, and I will carry the reminder  with me into the New Year. 

I will also take this opportunity to thank you for reading this blog during the past year. The blog has been visited 150,000 times in 2016, and to receive messages that it has contributed to people returning to faith and life in Christ, is a great blessing. It means that there are more people joining the “pointers” in God's kingdom.

‘Manna’ for today:

In God’s kingdom we point to Jesus!
-------------------------------------------------
(1) The most important Christmas song
(2) He appointed twelve that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach.
Mark 3:14

Ingen kommentarer: