mandag 2. januar 2017

A year of the Lord’s favour



2017 is already one day old. The heading is the last phrase of Jesus' mission statement, the declaration he made in the Synagogue in his hometown. The scroll with the prophecies of Isaiah was handed to him, and he read that which in the best way described him and the mission he had come to fulfill. He was sent:
“to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour.”
Because Jesus also said: "As the Father has sent me, I am sending you” (1), I know that his mission is also my mission. The favour is God's grace that makes every day to a New Years day, and because the world still exists, I will take part and proclaim the year of God's favour. I will also state that this means now, because  
I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.
2 Cor 6:2
‘Manna’ for today:
The time of God's favour, is the right time

------------------------------------

Ingen kommentarer: