fredag 17. februar 2017

Stressful times?

NORSK
If I have to be 100% honest, I have to answer "Yes, I think so!". By nature, I still belong under the label optimistic, and I will never lose faith in the fact that the good will prevail. Yet, it is easy to find multiple examples of the traits Paul wrote to Timothy in the world today:
But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of stress. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, inhuman, implacable, slanderers, profligates, fierce, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God
2 Tim 3:1-4
Fortunately, there are still many examples of the opposite. Paul’s list under the heading ‘stressful times’ contains many aspects. However, when he later in the chapter describes topics like persecution, it does not fall under this label. The stressful times are solely a result of human selfishness. 

People today are 'me-me' - individuals, also called narcissists, or 'me-it' - individuals, also called egoists.

When God became man, he came as an 'me-you' – individual, which means that he related to other people as equals and gave us the golden rule (1). The transformation of me from an 'me-me' individual, can only happen when I die with Jesus, and arise with Him as a new creation.

'Manna' for today:

Times become easier when the world is filled with 'me-you' - people
------------------------------------
(1)
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you. Matt 7:12

Ingen kommentarer: