tirsdag 21. mars 2017

Knowing who I am - a step on the journey

NORSK
For the pilgrimage together with Jesus, it is important that I am aware of who I am and what my status is. After Peter made his 'good confession' (1), he received this affirmation from Jesus:
“Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter…”
Matt 16:17-18a
What did Peter know about himself after this affirmation?
 

1. God has shown me something
This is not unique to Peter, for God speaks and calls upon all human beings (2) through many channels (3)
2. I have accepted what God has shown me
This is possible for all people (4)
3. The confession I have given is important for me
Without this confession he had not been affirmed as Peter. (5)
4. The confession is important also for other people
Because it is the confession that is the 'rock' = Peter.
Point four forms the starting point for reflection tomorrow. Peter was unique, but it applies to all people, including me.

‘Manna’ for today:

I know who I am in Christ.
----------------------------------
(1) Cf. 1 Tim 6:12
(2) The Mighty One, God, the Lord, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to where it sets.
Psalm 50:1
(3) Primarily, God speaks through His Word, but he also speaks in through the nature and our conscience and through our fellow believers.
(4) John 1:12
(5) As quoted yesterday Rom 10:10

Ingen kommentarer: