søndag 23. april 2017

A happiness created for rest - a time for everything *

NORSK
Before I leave the story about how Thomas recognized Jesus as risen from the dead, I will make yet another reflection. Thomas saw Jesus, and I think that he also recognized that Jesus had seen him, when he proclaimed:
“My Lord and my God!”
Jesus' response contains important teaching:
Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
John 20:28-29  
Many attempts have been made to give a good definition of what it means to be ‘blessed’. When I experience a calm and restful happiness, I will define myself as blessed. I know that kind of happiness every time I sense that the Kingdom of God works in accordance with how the Bible says it should work.

When this happens, Jesus, who is not physically visible, becomes real and ‘visible’ in the presence this unique blessing. I do not see, but I still see with the eyes of faith, which confirm that what I see, is Jesus in action in my time. It gives me a happiness created for rest.

Today's 'manna':

I recognize Jesus in a happiness created for rest
--------------------------------------------
* 'A time for everything' is connected with the Bible's teaching about a 'season for every activity' Eccl 3 
 This series is about the teaching in the time between Easter and Pentecost.

Ingen kommentarer: