fredag 14. april 2017

Knowing that there is someone who sees more than I do - a step on the journey

NORSK
It's Good Friday and we are in a way at the destination for the journey up to Jerusalem. Along the way there has been ongoing teaching with a content the disciples had difficulties understanding. However, there was at least one who understood what was going to happen in Jerusalem: The woman who anointed Jesus. The disciples did not understand her actions either, so Jesus had to explain:
“When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”
Matt 26:12-13
I am a disciple. I've lived with Jesus for many years. My knowledge and insight has grown, but at the same time the mystery has grown even bigger. I am not pretending to be humble when I say that people without the same knowledge and experience may have seen much more of the mystery of salvation in Christ than I do. Actually this truth is a part of the mystery, because such insight is something that can only be revealed with the help of the Holy Spirit.

The woman was preparing Jesus for the suffering he was about to enter into during Easter. Therefore, this anonymous woman is presented as an example when the gospel is preached. I think the disciples eventually understood it - otherwise it would not have become a part of the gospel. As I've written previously, it increases the credibility of the Bible that they admitted their mistakes. It's liberating to be allowed to confess our faults to God and fellow men - and it is exactly what happened at Calvary.

‘Manna for today:

I see enough of the mystery to grasp salvation!

Ingen kommentarer: