onsdag 17. mai 2017

Well-dressed - a time for everything *

NORSK
Today, Norway celebrates the National Day.

May be the way my home country celebrates the 17th of May is the most unique with the country. What I like the most with the celebration is to see all the people in national costumes. The girls in our family have had costumes for many years and this year I could have been participating for the first time in my new outfit; however, today I am home in Moldova and happy to be here.

I admit that I felt well-dressed last Sunday when I used the costume for the first time in Adam's confirmation. Nor do I hide the fact that I like to use the Salvation Army uniform even though I belong to those who liked the old uniform with a stand up collar even better. Since the photo with the national costumes was posted two days ago, today's photo will have to serve the purpose of illustrating well-dressed people.

But there is a ‘clothing’ that is even more important than uniforms and national costumed, and I see this in this verse:

“I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”
Luke 24:49
The original word, here translated ‘clothed’, actually means ‘sinking into a garment’. I like this idea. I am well-dressed in the ministry when I have sunk down and been clothed in power from on high. Without it, neither uniforms nor national costumes are worth mentioning. The ‘clothing from on high’ is an 'armour' for the good fight, and then it is acceptable to translate like my favourite Norwegian translation does in this case: ‘armoured with power’. It was important for Jesus to prepare the disciples for this event in the period between Easter and Pentecost.

‘Manna’ for today:

I will dress for the good fight!
------------------------------------
'A time for everything' is connected with the Bible's teaching about a 'season for every activity' Eccl 3 This series is about the teaching in the ime between Easter and Pentecost

Ingen kommentarer: