mandag 29. mai 2017

Where is the “ends of the earth”? - a time for everything *


NORSK 
“to the ends of the earth”
Acts 1:8
was part of yesterday's verse, and I promised to revert with some thoughts on the subject. ‘Ends of the earth’ can be interpreted geographically or eschatologically = in an end-time perspective. 

Today I will focus on the geography.

I live an exciting life together with Jesus, and following him has led to exciting encounters with people who also follow him. Brother Yun, known as 'The Heavenly Man', is one of them (1).


Yun has a simple and logical explanation on what ‘the ends of the earth’ means:

Since the earth is round, the ends of the earth is exactly where you begin. Since the Christian mission began in Jerusalem, taking the gospel to the ends of the earth means taking the gospel back to Jerusalem. For the Chinese Christians it is important to evangelize the area from China westward to Jerusalem. The movement ‘Back to Jerusalem’ is therefore their mission strategy.

What does this mean for me?

Since the earth is round, it means that wherever I am, I am at the ends of the earth. On Friday it was the Romanian border, on Saturday it was Bacau, yesterday it was Iasi and today it is Bucharest, and at 'the ends of the earth' I will witness because I am convinced that Jesus is with there too.

‘Manna’ for today:

I witness at the 'ends of the earth'
--------------------------------------------
(1) Yun's biography
'A time for everything' is connected with the Bible's teaching about a 'season for every activity' Eccl 3 This series is about the teaching in the time between Easter and Pentecost 

Ingen kommentarer: