lørdag 3. juni 2017

All included - a time for everything *

NORSK
The verse telling about the eleven who ‘joined together constantly in prayer’, continues:
“along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.”
Acts 1:14
I believe that the inclusion of women and men who were not part of the inner core of disciples was a very important prerequisite for the Holy Spirit to come upon those who were waiting for it to happen.

I am convinced that discrimination on gender, ethnicity and social status will prevent the Holy Spirit from being able to work through the followers of Jesus (1). That was true 2000 years ago, and it is true today.

In my series of reflections on 'The grammar of the faith', I post the question if the word 'all' is the most important word for God (2). Of course, it is not possible to determine this suggestion, but I have never doubted his desire to include everyone. When 'all' are 'together' in his name, then everything can happen and tomorrow we celebrate the first time it happened.

‘Manna’ for today:

Everyone included – take it or leave it!
---------------------------------------
(1) It is also confirmed by Peter's reference to Joel's prophecy on the Day of Pentecost:
“In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.”
Acts 2:17-18
(2) See: The most important word for God? – unfortunately only available in English through google translate.
 'A time for everything' is connected with the Bible's teaching about a 'season for every activity' Eccl 3 This series is about the teaching in the time between Easter and Pentecost

Ingen kommentarer: