mandag 1. januar 2018

The old has gone, the new is here!

NORSK
When I opened www.biblegateway.com this morning, the Verse of the Day contained the words I have chosen as a headline. The Bible has many verses that are fitting for New Year’s Day, however, I can’t recall that I have used this verse at the start of a new year before.

Only few minutes before I read the verse I was listening to a radio-reporter asking people on the street about their New Year's resolutions. One man said something like this: “I want to let the one whose birth we have just celebrated take more control over my destructive thoughts and words – I am saved, you see!” – I think the man knows the reality of the verse:

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
2 Cor 5:17
It is all about living the new life in Christ. This is the ‘momentum’ I want to keep in our mission as we go forward into every new day, every new week, every new year – it is the new life! 

‘Manna’ for today:

The new life in Christ is already here, let’s live it!
------------------------------
In 2018 it is my intention and desire to blog weekly in several languages. The weekly blogs will be published on Saturdays, and the first one will be published on 6 Jan. “Now that we’re on the right track, let’s stay on it.” Phil 3:16 (MSG)

Ingen kommentarer: