lørdag 7. april 2018

To live the life of the Resurrection

NORSK
Since many of us are still in Easter modus I want to post the question:
“Have you ever thought about the Spirit’s role in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ?”
If I was to ask this question in a Bible study, I am sure that some would answer “Yes!” – and if you have followed this blog for a while, you will know that the Spirit is the giver of life. The creation story tells us that it was the breath of God that brought Adam to life (1) and if you are attending The Salvation Army, you are likely to have stated that you believe in the regeneration by the Holy Spirit (2).

Paul prayed many prayers for the Ephesians, and in one them he prays: that you may know God’s:

“… incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead…”
Eph 1:19-20
Jesus was clear that this power is The holy spirit (3). So when I tomorrow greet the people I meet with the statement: “Christ is risen!”, I am also believing and confirming the mystery that the power that raised him from the dead is for me. Therefore, being conscious of the fact that I as a believer is living the life of the Resurrection even as I live my life here on earth, becomes vital for the continuous unwrapping of the gifts of the Spirit.

‘Manna’ for today:

To live the life of the Resurrection, means to pass on the power of The holy spirit
----------------------------
(1) Genesis 2:7
(2) “We believe that repentance towards God, faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit, are necessary to salvation” The Salvation Army’s seventh doctrine.
(3) Acts 1:8

Ingen kommentarer: