lørdag 28. april 2018

A word spoken at the right time

NORSKрусскийRomânăქართულიУкраїнська

King Solomon is the author of today’s headline, and the full proverb goes like this:
Like apples of gold in settings of silver
Is a word spoken at the right time.

Prov 25:11
It is simple to envisage the beauty and value of this jewellery or piece of art, and if you really have experienced being helped by a word spoken at the right time, you know that it can be more valuable than both gold and silver.

It has happened to me many times d uring my life, and that is why I also want God to speak through me so that other people can experience the blessing of being affirmed by God.

When I was a young lieutenant I got married to a beautiful young salvationist. It was love at first sight and we have been married for more than 40 years. The only inconvenience with the arrangement was that Magna was not an officer when we got married, which meant that I had to resign my officership. However, together we continued to serve as corps-leaders, and even though I was told that I had let the Army down I did not feel that had let God down in any way. That feeling came strongly a few months later. I was driving my car and lost control over it, and ended up in a severe accident. Magna escaped without a scratch, but I was seriously injured – and ended up in hospital for several weeks and had to undergo surgery twice. The reason why I felt I had let God down – and thereby confirmed that I also had let the Army down, was that I did not have a driving licence. I felt like a complete failure and that God never could use me anymore.

After being released from hospital and still on crutches I attended a large camp-meeting. There must have been 5-10.000 people in the congregation. Low in spirit we found some places far back in the hall. When the pastor Stanley Sjøberg from Sweden stood up to preach he said something like this:

Before I start my sermon this evening I have a message to a person in the congregation. You think that God has rejected you and that he will never be able to use you because you have broken the law, driven a car without a license and injured yourself in so doing. God wants you to know that you are forgiven and he will restore you into ministry.

For me these words were “like apples of gold in settings of silver” – therefore, I also know how important it is to eagerly desire to speak words that can bring healing to broken people.

‘Manna’ for today:

I want to speak a word in the right time!
Do you?
----------------------------------------

Ingen kommentarer: